According to the privacy legislation, we’re required to disclose on what legal grounds we’re able to use your information. We require your information because of the contractual agreements between you and Loontjens Billiards. For example, in the case of your purchase of a product or your right to warranty. This applies to the following cases:
- Ordering & pre-orders
- Returns & repairs
- Exchanging products & Second Chance
- Contact with our customer service
Next to this, we can use your information in the case of’ ‘legitimate interest’. This means that we want to provide our customers the most optimal and personalized service possible. We of course keep your privacy in mind at all times. This applies to:
- Reviews & customer satisfaction research
- Contact with our customer service
- Visiting the Loontjens Billiards website
- Your Loontjens Billiards Account
- Newsletter & email
- Personalized advice
- Social media
We could have a legal obligation to use your information. When we suspect fraud, for example. And sometimes you have provided us permission to use your information. This is the case when you subscribe to the newsletter. We keep track of this appropriately.
We only pass on your information to other parties when this is really necessary for providing you our services. These parties are as follows: delivery partners, vendors, repair technicians, product support, payment partners, IT service providers, and parties who collect our reviews. Our delivery partner has to make sure the order is delivered on the right address, and it would be nice if the repair technician shows up at the right house for a working pool table.
Parties such as data management platforms, media and advertising agencies, and research firms, come into play when we’d like to give you personalized advice or provide you with targeted ads. Based on your interest in specific products for example. We’re obliged to share customer information with government authorities in the case of suspicious situations.
The parties who receive access to your information through us, are only allowed to use it to offer you a service on behalf of Loontjens Billiards. An exception is when they are responsible for acquiring and protecting your information themselves. Some cookie developers have access to the information which cookies collect on our website.
We save your information in several databases, and we always use strict safety measures. Your information is almost always saved within the European Union. We like to keep things close. In the rare case that customer information is passed on to countries outside of the European Union, we’ll ensure that your privacy remains protected in the best way possible. This has been officially determined. for certain countries. Some American parties are registered under the Privacy Shield, which provides sufficient protection. We work with official model contracts, which are especially set up to safeguard your privacy.
How long do we save your information?
We don’t save and use your information for longer than necessary. We delete all the data we have of you afterwards. Or we use your anonymous information, because we need specific data for internal analyses and reports. Such as on the value of your order.
Sounds pretty straightforward, but how does this work in practice? We maintain a few time periods, after which we delete your information. You can find them below:
- Recorded phone conversations are deleted after 30 days as a standard. An exception is when we have a legal obligation to save a conversation for a longer period of time.
- We don’t save camera footage of our stores for longer than 4 weeks. Unless we see something suspicious which needs to be looked into further, or if the footage needs to be saved for a longer period of time due to other legal obligations.
- We delete inactive customer accounts after 7 years. We only use your anonymous information for internal reporting after this period.
- The Dutch tax authority (Belastingdienst) requires us to save our administrative paperwork with your invoicing, payment, and order details for 7 years. We only use anonymous information for internal reporting after this period. You’ll also need to save the invoices of your purchases, for when your warranty expires for example.
- If you have your product repaired or exchanged by Loontjens Billiards, we’ll save your request and contact details for 7 years. We only use your anonymous information for internal reporting after this period.
- If you’ve subscribed to the newsletter and you’ve given permission for receiving personalized messages, then we save this permission for 5 years. We also save the retraction of your permission in case you decide you don’t want to receive the newsletter or personalized messages any longer.
- We store information we need to prevent fraud for a longer period. We don’t like it, but it’s necessary.
If you signed up for our newsletter or have given permission to receive personalized messages, we store that information for 5 years. If you decide you no longer want to receive the newsletter or personalized messages anymore, we have to store the retraction of your request as well.
We don’t save the emails you receive from us for longer than 60 days. You don’t have to worry about receiving the same email from us on a regular basis. We only use your anonymous information for internal reporting after this period.
We save information with the purpose of preventing fraud for a really long time. We’d rather prevent than cure.
You reign supreme when it comes to your information, of course. Would you like to access your personal details or receive a copy for free? Or would you like to edit your details, delete or restrict usage, or adjust your email preferences? Say no more. You can easily do all of this in your Loontjens Billiards account. Or you can let us know by mail or email. In this way you can object to the usage of your information for marketing purposes, or let us know that you feel your privacy weighs more heavily than our interests. We’ll review the situation in this case.
Easily unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can do this in your My Loontjens Billiards account or through the link at the bottom of the newsletter itself. If you’d rather not have any cookies at all, you can arrange this yourself as well. Our cookie statement tells you how to do this.
We want to make sure it’s really you. That’s why we could ask additional information to establish your identity. We also do this when we receive unclear requests.
You can contact Loontjens Billiards Data Protection Officer in case you have any questions or complaints regarding your information or the protection of your privacy.
Letters: Dam 21 4331GE Middelburg, attn: Data Protection Officer.