The Lancia is engineered, designed and manufactured in our new Belgian factory. A combination of carefully selected fibers embedded in epoxy resin, results in a body with the required stiffness. This allows for a wide range of shapes without sacrificing stability, whereas with a traditional wooden shaft one will always need a certain volume to reach the desired level of strength and power.
Watch this video to see how your cue is made after an order at Loontjens Billiards
1. The unique patented 3-fin Trident® ferrule design ensures a better distribution of the forces endured during hard shots with maximum spin. It provides for a larger contact-surface with the shaft-body and results in perfect feedback in all conditions. Each Trident® ferrule is machined from G10 on a specialty CNC-center, guaranteeing a very high accuracy and the tightest possible fit for maximum reliability
2. A Kevlar pad is fitted between the ferrule and the tip as tip-support. This helps to evenly distribute the impact-forces over the entire surface of the Trident® ferrule and dampens the vibrations transferred to the shaft-body.
3. The lightweight construction allows for shafts with very low deflection properties but at the same time retaining the necessary strength and stability.
4. Whereas most composite shafts are manufactured by wrapping “Prepreg” sheets of composite fibers over a steel core and finishing the outside of the tube by sanding, we noted this technique resulted in a too wide variation in “wall thickness” and consequently uneven radial consistency. A new technique was developed resulting in a wall-thickness variation limited to +/- 0,1 mm over the full length of the shaft-body: guaranteeing 100% radial consistency.
5. Our in-house production technique allows for an infinite variation of shapes, wall thicknesses, and materials; we are able to build shafts exactly to any players’ requirements.
6.We use our patented Trident® 3-fin ferrule design also for the shaft collar. This design provides more contact-surface, maximum rigidity and reliability.
7. Most commonly used joint systems (VP2®, Uni-loc®, Radial, 5/16, 3/8) are available, as well as our proprietary Molinari® Monolith® joint system.
This Shaft is also completely custom made for you below we will show the visual adjustment.
FET - TRIDENT